Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Magic Hat #9 Clone (Apricot Ale)

Some shots of my Magic Hat #9 Clone (Apricot Ale). I more or less followed the "can you brew it" recipe, but I was planning for 65% eff on the mash and for a 3-step mash. Mash initial temp missed by 10F somehow, so I added 212 water, and funny enough, the amount needed for the mash-out. So I skipped this step. I also did a 45m sparge. 75% efficiency! I thought about watering it down to the right OG, but I just left it :D So this brew is OG 64 instead of 53.

Here's a link to the "Can You Brew It Recipe"
OG/FG 53/18
SRM 7
IBU 19.2
ABV 4.7%

Here's a link to my modified batch I ended up with... note the increase of grain and the small addition of hops at 10m.
OG/FG 64/tbd (probably 21)
SRM 8
IBU 18.5
ABV 5.7%












No comments:

Post a Comment